As a Director of Product Design at SwagUp, you will be a key player in ensuring our customers have a flawless user experience from start to finish on our site/platform!
You’ll be working with technology, product and data to continuously elevate the customer journey by focusing on user insights and strategic roadmap initiatives. You will own user research, our design system, design process, UI/UX, and manage and grow our UI/UX team, which is currently composed of two junior designers.
You’ll be fundamental in crafting compelling user flows that are simple, intuitive and geared towards solving user problems and pain points. The world of custom swag and logistics is somewhat complicated and we aim to break it down in the most intuitive ways possible. Many of the problems we are solving are unique to this industry and require creative solutions.
An ideal candidate for this role takes full ownership of the design delivery process by presenting ideas and designs based on business requirements and is key in the development stage in working side by side with engineers, and is willing to roll up their sleeves and design as well. We encourage a natural curiosity towards what new UX trends and technologies are available to continuously set our product apart.
This role is perfect for you if you are detail-oriented, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and love collaborating across teams! Individuals will thrive in this role if they like to buck the status quo, are organized, can manage a team, are empathic, and have strong opinions that can be backed by logic and first principles.
- Own the design process, present and iterate design solutions to internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinate the delivery of design across the various product discovery stages including: wireframes, flow diagrams mockups and prototypes.
- Take high level requirements and turn them into highly functional proof of concepts.
- Contribute to design systems to improve product usability and visual appearance.
- Use data and feedback to make informed decisions with the product and technology team.
- Partner with product managers to perform user research.
- Lead a small team (2+ you) of UI/UX designers
- At least 5 years of design experience.
- Experience managing other designers.
- Problem solvers or someone who loves to build new ideas from start to finish.
- Ability to coordinate multiple ongoing projects.
- Experience presenting designs to internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to use design practices and data to defend design decisions and propositions.
- Ability to quickly iterate on designs based on feedback.
- Experience collaborating with product manager, engineers and cross-functional stakeholder.
- Experience working with tools such as Figma, Zeplin and Invision.
- Ecommerce and SaaS experience preferred
What Success Looks Like
- Establishing and reinforcing design processes from ideation to delivery.
- Advocating for consistent design patterns.
- Creating a collaborative and iterative internal design culture.
- Speeding up the design process while also delivering better outcomes for users
- Building a world-class design team and culture
To apply for this job please visit jobs.swagup.com.
Comments are closed for this post.