About the Club
The Miami Football Club is Miami’s longest-tenured professional soccer club, owned by Silva International Investments owner Riccardo Silva. Ahead of the 2020 season, the club joined the United Soccer League’s The Championship, one of the most successful professional soccer leagues in the world, reaching a population of more than 84 million and fueling the growth of the game across North America.
Prior to joining the USL, The Miami FC played in the North American Soccer League (NASL) during its first two years and achieved a historic season in 2017, winning the Spring Season and Fall Season Championships, along with breaking several modern day NASL team and individual records. In 2018, the club began play in the National Premier Soccer League (NPSL) and dominated its competition on its way to three trophies, including the NPSL National Championship. Similar success followed in 2019, defending the NPSL National Championship before joining the inaugural NISA Showcase where they were crowned East Coast Champions in November 2019.
The Manager – Financial Planning and Analysis will plan and direct the accounting, financial planning and business analysis operations of the Club.
Oversees the operations of the office administrator responsible for Accounting Areas, which include accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations, and payroll.
- Develop, implement, and maintain an effective planning and analysis capability that will provide senior leadership with appropriate analytical tools to establish goals and measure performance of the Club.
- Routinely communicate business unit and company financial and operational performance trends, historical and forecasted, using appropriate metrics. Suggest trends, resulting implications, key actions and strategic implications. Coordinate the capital spending review process for the Club.
- Lead scenario modeling efforts for the development and growth of the Club.
- Maintain and provide accuracy and effectiveness of the corporate accounting and closing process, treasury operations, and financial reporting.
- Lead the development of the strategic and operating plan and budget process for the Club.
- Prepare presentations in support of leadership and ownership on monthly and quarterly basis.
- Manage all reporting requirements to the League.
- Monitor competitive dynamics of the industry.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures; implements a system of controls over accounting transactions to minimize risk.
- Oversee the HR compliance matters of the company in coordination with legal counsel of ownership company.
- Monitor the Club’s risk management insurance portfolio.
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements.
- Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 10 years of finance and accounting experience with progressive responsibility, with exposure to start-up environment a plus.
- Masters or MBA preferred.
- Significant experience collaborating with people, with strong professional communication and writing skills.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- IFRS knowledge helpful
The Miami FC, LLC. provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
To apply for this job email your details to Michael.Williamson@miamifc.com
Comments are closed for this post.