Website University of Miami
The Division of Development and Alumni Relations supports and promotes the mission, purpose, and priorities of the University of Miami through fundraising and engagement by building and nurturing strategic philanthropic relationships to improve and transform the lives of individuals and communities. We are committed to values central to the Division- Service, Gratitude, Trust, and Partnership – which guide our strategic thinking, decision-making, and day-to-day interaction with each other and our stakeholders.
The Proposal Writer reports to the Director of Proposal Writing.
The Proposal Writer will focus on writing, structuring, and organizing fundraising proposals and materials that may contain specialized academic or scientific material and other key communications that are created for mainly for the University’s most prominent donors. The Writer will liaise with development officers, University leaders, and content specialists (such as faculty, physicians, and researchers), in order to develop strategic and persuasive proposals that utilize customized content and messages, as well as develop and regularly update critical boilerplate information on priority areas/projects. The Proposal Writer, Medical Development will also maintain an in-depth knowledge of the priorities, needs and accomplishments of the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, and specific priority areas in STEM fields across the University. Further, the Writer will be responsible for gathering facts, figures, personal stories, and evidence of the Miller School’s impact that contribute to the development of compelling and persuasive content. The Writer should remain flexible, communicate effectively, and work collaboratively with content partners to ensure a smooth proposal development process, approval with numerous stakeholders, and adherence to the timeline developed for each proposal.
• Writes, edits and finalizes fundraising proposals.
• Proofreads and fact-checks documents prior to publishing and advises management of any identified corrections.
• Serves as a liaison to all assigned department staff units to effectively plan and support content related to their objectives, and follows up with team members for feedback and revisions.
• Develops and maintains a sitemap for indexing and archiving content.
• Create templates and ‘boilerplate’ documents to support the proposal development infrastructure; maintain a knowledge base of priority projects/areas.
• Monitors website performance and coordinates focus groups, user tests, and surveys to analyze and meet audience needs.
• Assures content creation aligns with the University’s overall messaging and content strategy.
• Conducts research to thoroughly understand content topics and related initiatives and activities.
• Prepares and manage a work plan to ensure timely submission of proposals.
• Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
Bachelor’s degree in relevant field, and a minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience, with a focus in the area of science, medical or scientific communications.
• Strong writing/editing and proofreading, including strong knowledge of grammar, syntax and style.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to interact with diverse groups of individuals including but not limited to development officers, researchers, physicians, faculty, and University leadership.
• Organizational and time management skills to coordinate projects and people, prioritize and track multiple projects simultaneously, and meet critical deadlines.
• Research, analytical and critical thinking skills.
• Proposal writing experience in the field of health care or higher education.
• Proven and demonstrated computer (PC) and software skills including Microsoft Office Suite programs.
• Experience with project management software, helpful, but not required.
Apply online at www.miami.edu/careers
Position # R100035595
To apply for this job please visit umiami.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.
Comments are closed for this post.