Website University of Miami
The University of Miami Information Technologies Learning Platforms Team is seeking a dynamic individual to act as tier two support for Blackboard Learn, Blackboard Collaborate, Kaltura, and other applications supported by UMIT’s Learning Platforms Team. The academic educational technologist will also assist in managing supported applications, discovering and evaluating new and updated software and extensions to existing systems, managing the deployment of new software and utilities, integrating new technologies with existing systems, troubleshooting system problems, documenting internal departmental procedures and end-user workflows. The successful applicant should be self-motivated to learn new skills, well organized, have excellent communication and troubleshooting skills, and be excited about trying out new technologies to enhance teaching and learning.
Education and Work Experience Requirements (Essential Requirements):
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least two years’ experience in information technology or any appropriate combination of relevant education, certifications and/or work experience will be considered.
- Experience programming with one or more high-level programming languages (Python, Java, C++, etc.).
- Supporting Blackboard Learn or similar Learning Management System.
- Writing technical documentation for non-technical users.
- Supporting Windows and macOS.
- Supporting web applications.
- Writing SQL queries.
- Programming in multiple computer languages.
- Systems integration.
- Working knowledge of the Linux command line.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://um.hodesiq.com/job_detail.asp?JobID=5423571 →