Miami Community Director
Are you a partnerships / fundraising / sales superhero interested in building community in Miami? Are you passionate about inclusive innovation, startups and entrepreneurship? Do you approach challenges with a can-do attitude? We are looking for a results-oriented, proactive communicator, to be the face of Venture For America in Miami.
As the Miami Community Director, you will be responsible for all VFA operations in the city. You will support our Fellows in their professional journeys, cultivate community for the Miami Fellows, increase local funding and execute new strategic initiatives for the organization.
What you’ll do:
Programs and Fellow Support (20%)
- Meet regularly with Fellows and serve as a sounding board in their career progression
- Organize monthly (or more frequent) events for Fellows to connect with the Miami community and each other, including a speaker series and cohort-bonding activities
- Work closely with the Fellow City Leadership Council to strengthen the program
- Recruit new mentors and volunteers to support the VFA program
Company Partnerships (35%)
- Recruit 10-15 Fellows to Miami in the class of 2019
- Meet with 50+ startup leaders annually to identify, vet, and onboard high-quality Company Partners to hire VFA Fellows
- Help Company Partners identify talent needs and advise them throughout the VFA hiring process
- Work directly with incoming VFA Fellows to identify ideal roles based in their skills and industry interests
- Establish relationships with current VFA funders and secure new funding for the organization, raising $300,000+ annually
- Manage the city’s local Advisory Boards and recruit new, diverse members to help determine VFA’s strategic direction and connect VFA more deeply with the local community
- Write top-caliber proposals and reports to funding organizations under strict deadlines
Fellow Recruitment and Selection (10%)
In addition to the responsibilities unique to Community Directors described above, all VFA team members devote a portion of their time to Fellow recruitment and selection, which occurs on an ongoing basis between August and March. Activities include:
- Participating in local recruitment events
- Evaluating written fellowship applications
- Conducting candidate interviews
- Facilitating Selection Days
- Hosting Selection Days in your city as necessary, including fundraising for the event, securing a venue, and recruiting Selection Day judges
You will also support VFA’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiatives, as is expected of all team members.
What you may have already done:
- Worked for 5+ years and have a proven track record of growing an organization / company through fundraising, partnerships, and / or sales
- Have developed a working knowledge of the Miami startup and/or philanthropic community
- Achieved results while working autonomously with little to no direction
- Coached diverse, recent college graduates to navigate challenges in work / personal life
- Written grant proposals to foundations and corporate donors
- Worked for a startup or in an organization supporting startups and/or have experience supporting diverse entrepreneurs
The good stuff:
- High performers at VFA are given substantial opportunity to grow and develop
- You’ll earn a competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- We offer a great benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), commuter benefits, flexible spending account, and gym, tech, and professional development stipends
- We have a generous vacation policy, plenty of paid holidays, and regular work from home Fridays
- VFA is a dynamic startup environment with varied responsibilities and a different challenge each day (we mean it – always plenty of interesting problems to work on!)
- You’ll work alongside an inclusive team of exceptionally motivated, high-caliber people
About Venture for America
Venture for America is a nonprofit startup that recruits, selects, and trains highly talented recent college grads, places them at startups in emerging US cities for two years of hands-on experience, and provides them with access to the network and resources to become company builders and job creators. The Fellowship is highly selective, as is our team, and we’re looking for people who can jump in and make a huge impact.
How to apply:
To apply, please fill out our application. If you seem like a good fit, we will contact you with next steps.
To apply for this job please visit app.trinethire.com.
Comments are closed for this post.