Website Miami-Dade Beacon Council
Position: Vice President, Tech & Innovation, Economic Development
Reporting to: Executive Vice President, Economic Development
The position of Vice President, Tech & Innovation, Economic Development is responsible for managing The Beacon Council’s Tech and Innovation programs, and for delivering MDBC’s economic development services to the highest standard in line with the MDBC mission to attract and grow quality jobs and to advocate for Miami‐Dade County’s competitiveness.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generates, manages, and completes economic development projects. Maintains expertise in the application and trends of federal, state and local economic development services and programs.
- Actively engages in the Miami tech ecosystem as a facilitator of valuable connections and voice of economic development trends and opportunities.
- Serves as a thought leader on local and national tech and innovation trends and resources.
- Conducts local business visitations to expand knowledge and reach within local targeted industry sector.
- Organizes and facilitates the MDBC Tech Industry Committee with Committee leadership to define and lead initiatives originating from the committee.
- Provides direct economic development support services to entrepreneurs and scalable businesses seeking to invest and grow in Miami‐Dade County, using all available resources to define solutions for growth.
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships with key State of Florida, Miami‐Dade County, and local municipal representatives, as well as local economic development organizations, to facilitate the successful implementation of economic development programs in Miami‐Dade County.
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships with key tech industry leaders, influencers, member/investor firms, and targeted economic development leads.
- Identifies and solicits new member/investor companies.
- Represents the organization in local, national and international events, conferences and missions.
Requirements, Qualifications and Desired Traits:
- Strong familiarization with the Miami Tech community
- Ability to deliver a high‐quality work product, promptly with minimal direction/oversite
- Well‐developed work ethic, a professional attitude and the ability to do high‐quality work
- Self‐starter, focused, hard‐working, ability to work well independently
- Strong /well‐developed organizational skills, detail‐oriented
- Ability to thrive in a highly diverse community and workplace
- Demonstrated client relationship management skills
- Experience developing new business prospects and managing prospects to a successful completion
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Exhibits professional acumen, common sense, good judgment
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Fluency in office technology
- Microsoft Office, Salesforce
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field. Master’s Degree a plus.
- Five years experience required in the areas of Economic Development, Business Development, technology investment, entrepreneurship or ecosystem building.
- Spanish, Haitian, or Portuguese language fluency a plus.
For more information contact: James Kohnstamm, Executive Vice President, Economic Development at j[email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org